Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Monster Island (2004)



Okay, first of all, let me just tell you that this movie sucked.

It should be avoided at all costs.

It was called "Monster Island" and I couldn't watch more than about half -- even WITH the giant bugs.

The plot consisted of a bunch of kids on a tropical island for a weekend with... Carmen Electra... (they won a contest).

Turns out the island was an atomic research center way back when, and there's a bunch of REALLY BIG insects wandering around. And a Gill-Man or two.

So Carmen gets kidnapped by a giant flying ant, which takes her to it's nest so she can (gulp) ...sing... to the ant-enslaved natives there to keep them happy. Yeah.

A few of the kids go off to rescue her and various shenanigans ensue.

The bugs were done with stop-motion animation and not too badly, but the plot and acting were done using real live people -- and quite badly, I fear. I really did turn it off halfway through.

Which is saying something, because I've sat through movies like "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and "Cat-Women of the Moon" (though I'm not proud of it).

In it's defense, the movie was obviously made for laughs and didn't take itself seriously at all. Maybe I just wasn't in a laugh-ey mood that night.

But I'd only give this

ONE SAPPY BRAIN.


No comments:

Post a Comment