But that (me making things up) is not the case with the ten movie quotes down below. Nope. These guys are all bonafide quotes from actual movies, which some character/actor actually said, and and it was all caught on film so we know it's true.
Anyway, I woke up this morning with a few of these quotes running through my head. (That happens to me.) Then I thought "what if I made a list of some of my favorite movie quotes and it was a quiz? And just like that it went from being in my head to being real and on this page.
Here are the rules: You get five points for every quote where you know what movie it's from (without looking anything up), and you get double points for every one where you know which character said it, and triple points if you know the the name of the actor who played the character. Now this adds up to a lot of points, and you could potentially walk away from this whole thing very highly pointified, and everybody loves that, so best of luck to you.
Most of 'em aren't easy, but the labels at the bottom of the post might help some.
Here we go:
1. "Love to prove that, wouldn't ya? Get your name into the National Geographic."
2. "A naked American man stole my balloons."
3. "Some big, hard-boiled egg gets a look at a pretty face and bang, he cracks up and goes sappy!"
4. "Now I'm going in there to waste some teachers! Are you with me?!"
5. "I don't care if he killed a hundred people! We are scientists not moralists!"
6. "Oh, I wish we'd stuck to the road; these shoes just aren't made for hiking!"
7. "I'm only a head, and you're whatever you are. Together we're strong. More powerful than any of them."
8. "So, you have wounded me. But I must grow a new claw. Well and good, for I can do it in a DAY! But will you grow new lives when I have taken yours from YOU?!"
9. "Sir, I suddenly find your cognac as distasteful as your manner."
10. "Have you ever heard of insect politics? Neither have I. Insects... don't have politics."
How many'd you get?