Saturday, April 30, 2016

Polish Movie Art vs American Counterparts (Part 2)


(Part 1)     (Part 2)     (Part 3)     (Part 4)     (Part 5)

A (long) while back, I came across a site with a butt-load of Polish movie posters (butt-load = about 50). I thought they were beautiful and intriguing, and I wondered how they'd look against their American (or at least English-language) counterparts. So I left a note and borrowed some.

Here are the second ten pairs, and continuing the trend from Part 1, the Polish posters are generally more abstract and "artistic" (which you can just read as "more visually and thematically interesting") than the American ones. Polish Fatal Attraction and Gandhi are both especially eye-grabbing, along with Days of Heaven and Flipper. I thought.

Posters are shown American first with Polish right below.












No comments:

Post a Comment